The Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews

Thursday, December 12, 2013

The Holidays-A time to Cherish those who Love You.

Home for the holidays can mean many things. For some it's family gathered around the Christmas tree, a marathon cook fest where Aunt Millie, Grandma Nana and a horde of other relatives cook up the best food this side of the Mississippi.
 
Home could be anywhere in the world. It can be a place or a person. The thing is, home is where you feel loved, accepted for who you are, unconditionally. No masks, or pretenses, just you and those who know the real you and are okay with that.
Home for the Holidays, for me is not so much a place, or a person per se. It's a very special and rare feeling of belonging, just the way you are.
I've spent the majority of my holidays alone, losing most of my family at an early age. For a long time Christmas was a dreaded time for me, home where I felt love and acceptance a long ago memory from my childhood. Slowly I started to choose my family. If you have none of your own, your friends become even more precious.
I've made my own family of friends and the wonderful man I married. I am blessed and what is even better, I don't take it for granted, remembering only too well how alone I was for most of my adult life. I hold on to this wonderful gift I've been given, the holidays for me are a time to remember and give thanks to be so blessed.
I learned to never take my family for granted. I would never have learned this had I not done without. So as you share this wonderful holiday season, be grateful for those you love and love you in return, cherish them and tell them how much they mean to you. You never know how long you have them so make as many awesome memories as you can now, this moment. Live in the present, don't give yourself time for regrets.
Above all have a best holiday ever. 
 
When I agreed to do an anthology for Christmas I didn't set out to make my heroine Fleur Delecourt like me, but some of her struggles with the holiday seasons were a perfect mirror to my own. Sure there was not hot Scottish werewolf out to claim me as his mate, but hey, I can write my own ending right?
Happy Holidays from the Crescent Moon Lodge and a collection of four stories from sad to funny, hot to sensual.  Sure to please everyone, and what better way to celebrate the season that with some great paranormal romances? And for a limited time it's only .99 cents!
At the Crescent Moon Lodge, anything is possible and Christmas wishes come in the most unusual packages.
Christmas I.C.E. Magic – By Siobhan Muir
For Lily Sinclair, Christmas means sorrow and loss since the death of her twin brother. The magic is gone and she only wants to see her brother one more time. As an Ice Demon Zachary Snow is used to rescuing people in winter, but he’d never rescued anyone like Lily. Now he must convince her the magic she wants is in life itself.
 
A Howling Yuletide –By Shannan Albright
Fleur Delecourt knew her Christmas holiday was doomed from the start. Not only did she hate the cold and snow, but also she found herself saddled with a ski instructor, courtesy of a friend’s twisted sense of humor.
Werewolf Rory Furr left Scotland to find a life and pack of his own. What he was not prepared for was finding his mate in the form of a petite redhead who tests both his self-control and patience.
Bon Appetite from the Lunar Eclipse Restaurant-By R.M. Sotera
Executive chef vampire Michael Stake loves his job at the Lunar Eclipse Restaurant. Although food critics do not visit often, he welcomes world-renown critic Penelope Rothchild to his establishment. That’s when all hell breaks loose.

World-renown food critic Penelope Rothchild looks forward to her new assignment in Las Vegas.  Christmas in the West, what could possibly go wrong? Everything. But it’s all in the name of the perfect meal.
 
Boo Christmas – By Johanna Riley


 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment