The Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews

Monday, March 2, 2015

Pick Me Up Monday- Heart of a Firestorm nears Completion

When looking for a male who would be the perfect visual match to my character Rogan, I only needed to look to Pintrest. There he was staring out at me from my monitor and I knew I found him. What is this models name? I've heard him called Kellen Jamison or Angel. This model is as mysterious as the dragon shifter created after his likeness. Whatever name he goes by, I give him a huge thank you for the inspiration he has given to my work.

With Rogan's book, Heart of a Firestorm nearing completion I am already turning my sights on the third and fourth book in this series. I must admit to feeling a bit sad, like saying goodbye to an old friend. You spend months deep within a characters psyche and once you pull out it takes a bit for you to come back to yourself. A time for a much needed break, before you throw yourself back into the frey once again.

After all, that is in essence what writing is all about. You tend to leave small pieces of yourself within the pages. Sometimes a reader will let you know how well they enjoyed your world, others stay silent. It's the way of writing, the nature of the beast. 
This is a solitary business much of the time, you create in isolation and emerge from your cave to share. Why? Because its the very nature of a creative person to send there work out into the world. So love it, as I hope you will, hate it if you must, but it is still there ready for you to turn the pages and invite you into another existence.

Enough musings for now, I hope for you a creative and productive week.   
I'll chat with you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment