The Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews

Friday, September 2, 2016

Books Worth Your Bucks-Kiss of a Dragon



This week's offering is the first book in the Fallen Immortals series by Alisa Woods.

Now I really hate cliffhanger endings, but the story Ms Woods weaves makes you forgive the transgression. It also helps that they are so reasonable priced at .99 on Amazon.
The story of Lucian and Arabella is told in three books, and the plot is strong enough to withstand the episodic handling, though I do wish she put it into one large book. But that is just me I think. 
Either way, this is well worth you buck to grab. Her characters come to life with surprising depth, and her masterful the layering brings them to life. 


LUCIAN 
I am a Dragon Prince of the House of Smoke… and I am dying. 
 
 
Five hundred years is truly enough for a man like me. A monster. Yet a ten-thousand-year treaty will die with me, if I don’t spawn a dragonling to take my place. My two brothers are no use in this task. It falls to me, the eldest by a hair’s breadth, and yet, I cannot face the horror of another sealing. Another death. Another woman’s blood on my hands.  
 
ARABELLA  
I was saved from death in a dark Seattle alley by an impossibly beautiful man who swooped in on golden wings. Now he’s taken me to his lair, opened my eyes to a world of immortals I didn’t know existed, and given me an impossible task—find him a mate. Then, and only then, will he set me free.  
 
He needs her more than he wants; she wants him more than she should; and the fate of both the mortal and immortal worlds depends on not just repairing their hearts, but finding a Love that’s True…  


Don't forget to check the other wonderful offerings from Siobhan Muir and Nara Malone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment