The Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews

Monday, January 7, 2013

Pick Me Up Monday - Resolutions for a New Year



 

Welcome back and Happy Monday!

 
Hope you got your coffee in hand and ready to start the first full week of January. I can't believe 2013 is here. The years seem to be flying by faster and faster. My list of to do get longer too, and this time, I have quite a bit of work ahead of me and loving the challenge.
 
 With January comes resolution time, and I kept mine quite simple. To finish three novels and two novellas, which are all in one stage or another, and not lose my sanity in the process.
That's it. Nothing about losing weight, a healthier lifestyle, blah, blah, blah.
Nope, I already know I need to do these things, and so far have been doing them. My motivation is the books I need to be around to write. Yeah, I'm a bit of a workaholic. Not so good with idle time and can't sit down and watch TV without having some project to do. Whether it's a book to write, or a painting, I get twitchy when not working.
Used to be the idea of retirement scared the hell out of me, but with my writing career on an upward swing, the thought of losing the day job isn't as tough as it once was. In fact, I would love nothing more than to devote my time entirely enmeshed in my worlds.
What projects do I have going on this year? Well, I've already mentioned in past blogs I have two Dark Breed novels I am working on this year, the last installment of The Knights of Excalibur is almost finished and ready to go to my editor. The Summoning is getting a bit of polish before sending it out into the world, plus one historical dragon shifter novella, and one historical time travel.
 
So you'll be seeing a bit of me this year. I also have started a new blog addition called WIP Wednesdays where you can get samples of what's up and coming which I hope you enjoy. Your feedback is appreciated and encouraged, and I promise to return any questions you may leave in the comment section.
 
Well, back to work until next week. Have a great one and we will talk again.l
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment