The Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews

Monday, April 21, 2014

Pick Me Up Monday- This, That, and Everything In-between

Happy Monday All!
As the days get hotter, here is a little something to make all that heating up worth while.
Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. I've been busier than usual these past two weeks. I was in Brea, California on April 12th as a guest speaker talking about World Building. The wonderful members of Orange County chapter of the RWA are a wonderful bunch of wildly talented authors. Thank you for the pampering.
Once home, I spent up until Thursday of last week writing my fool head off on my second book in my historical paranormal series...then my computer crashed Thursday night. All of my hard work was irretrievable, so after screaming at the warranty department where I bought my computer, my I.T. guy took charge and got them working on it. The news? The book is gone and I'm forced to rewrite everything. Lesson learned? Hell yeah, I bought an external hard drive and save every night. I may have long nights ahead where I try to catch up with my deadline though.

On a positive note, Dark Desire has a release date of June 2014. I'm thrilled to be continuing the Dark Breed Enforcer series with Evernight Publishing. So all was not lost entirely and though I've had a set back with one book I did get good news at the end of the week. 

It's my nature when bad things happen to try and figure out what I need to learn and how I am going to push through the situation. Once on the other side I usually can figure out what went wrong and how to guard against it happening again in the future.
Well, that's all the words of wisdom I can tolerate for the week, so I will just wish you an awesome Monday. Back to work...or in this case, re-work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment