The Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Author Spotlight's RM Sotera







I have the pleasure of knowing RM Sotera personally and was thrilled when she took time out of her busy schedule to do this interview. So grab your coffee or tea, sit back and enjoy meeting this very talented author.

Do you do anything to get you into the zone to write? 

RM: Yes, I do different things for different scenes, however, music in my ear is a necessity for every scene I write.  When I’m writing a romantic scene (with lots of down and dirty sex) I listen to Barry White.  For lighter scenes I toss in Nelson or a mix tape.

 Which authors inspire your writing? 

RM: I would have to say that my inspiration comes in the form of many different authors.  I like YA authors, Rachael Caine and Cassandra Clare, as well as, women’s authors like Anne Rice, Alyssa Day, Jeanine Frost and Sherrilyn Kenyon.  I also love Tim Dorsey.  I’m very eclectic.


What is your favorite book, character and why? 
RM:  My favorite book that I’ve written is Cassadaga Moon – scheduled to release from Siren/Bookstrand in January.  I love the character of Mia Christini, a good Catholic girl gone wild.  I think she reminds me of myself in many ways.  Second choice would have to be Brandi Lui – heroine in my Dirty Valkyrie and Dirty Immortals on Holiday novellas.  She is a kick-ass woman and is sexy in every sense of the word.

Do you prefer to write erotic or sweet? 

RM: I prefer to write in-between.   I like the burning inferno mode.

Humm don't we all? But enough of that. Which famous person, living or dead, are you drawn to? 

RM: I would have loved to have met Martin Luther King Jr. during the Civil Rights Movement.  His drive and determination to see change shows that when you push dreams can become reality.  This stands true in every area of life I believe.  And I know my next choice of a person is going to seem off the wall – but I would have like to have met the Marquis De Sade.  Yeah…I know. J
Now THAT is very interesting....

Where do you see yourself in five years? 

RM: I hope in five years my writing career is going strong, and that I am able to sit back and breathe a bit.  Ultimate goal would to see my name in print on the New York Times best-sellers list.  Just imagine…
Oh yeah, I'm right there with you on that one Lady.

Finish this sentence: I know I’ve made it when...

RM:  I can write all the time, and I’m making a living at it. 

What advice would you give aspiring writers? 

RM: Keep writing.  When every door is slammed in your face keep pushing forward.  Hell, break down that damned door if you must, just get through it!

What do you see yourself writing in the future?

RM Paranormal romance – it’s my thing, my niche.

If you could have one superpower what would it be and why? 

RM: If I had one superpower it would be—at this moment in time—to clone myself just so I could do all the things I need to do when they need done.
When you find out how can I use your superpower on me too? Lol!

What time of the day are you at your best to write? 

RM: I write the best in the early am hours.  We’re talking between 3-5 am.  It’s when my muse, Styxx, comes to visit and whispers in my ear.  The house is quiet and comfy.


And now for something completely different…


What do you look at first with an attractive man or woman, face, body or smile? 

RM: I’m a hair person. LOL

Explain your perfect day. 

RM: My perfect day starts with sneaking into my son’s room and listening to his breathing before I start to get ready for work. He is my pride and joy and sometimes I still can’t believe he’s my child.  Then I head to my room to get ready for work.  After what I hope is a great day at work, I head home to spend the eve with my family – enjoy a family dinner- and then do it all over again!  Knowing those that I love are happy is what makes my day perfect! J

What is the most decadent desert you can’t say no to? 

RM: Key lime pie!

Do you have a favorite holiday what is it and what makes it special to you? 

RM: My favorite holiday is Halloween.  I love the costumes and the scary movies. 

What key words describe you best? 

RM: Sensitive – Spunky – Compassionate – Humorous – Shy - Content


Alright everyone RM Sotera is having a giveaway!!!!

  I will give one special reader a set of my Dirty series, Dirty Dancer – Dirty Deed – Dirty Valkyrie – Dirty Immortals on Holiday.


How do they enter to win?  They can reply to this interview via Shannon’s site with what they think the initials RM mean in my name. Be sure to put your email address in the message. When will you be announcing the winner?  I will announce the winner via my facebook page and Shannon’s site.



 Information on her book can be found here:
Book Blurb with Buy or publisher link

Dirty Series









2 comments:

  1. My firt thought was something like Romance Momma ;) But it's probably something like Renee Marie??

    Eva
    evitap67(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete