The Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Next Big Thing

I received a wonderful invitation from Helena Fairfax to join her on The Next Big Thing Blog Hop and couldn't wait to be a part of it. You can see what her next big thing is at www.helenafairfax.com. Helena gave me quite a list of interview questions and I had a great time with the answers. I've done quite a few interviews, but I admit this is one of the best I've had.
 
 
1. What is your working title for your book?
     Dark Desire
 
2. Where did your idea come from for the book?
     The concept came when writing the first book in the Dark Breed Series  Dark Passion    
      Rising. I was with friends at the Fremont Experiance in old town Las Vegas when the
      whole idea came to me. As soon as I got home I did a loose outline on how I wanted this
      series to go. So far it's be a great ride.
 
3. What genre does your book fall under?
     This is a Paranormal Romance, Urban Fantasy.
 
4.  Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
 When I do up my charater bio's I must admit I always think of who I would love to play them. For Zeke I immediatley thought of Jensen Ackles. He has the same edgy energy and intense focus that Zeke has.
For Laris it could only be Holly Berry. Not only in looks but in her spirit. Both are strong women who can mix both their femininity and survival instinct into what I would call a "Steel Magnolia".
Laris may well start as a victim, but you can be sure she won't end up that way. She is a kick ass take no prisoners type of Lady.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
5. What is the one sentance synopsis of your book?
     Zeke must trust an old enemy to save the lives of Dark Breeds and mankind alike, but can
     he forgive a deadly betrayal and give his heart to the woman he loves?
 
6. Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
     This book is a part of a series published through Evernight Publishing.
 
7. How Long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
     Almost three months.
 
8. What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
      Oh boy, that's a tough one. I can't think of anyone that this would compare to.
 
9.  Who or what inspired you to write this book?
       I'm an avid reader as well as a writer so every author I read inspires me. As part of my
       local chapter of the RWA I get inspired by the wonderfully supportive members I am
       lucky enough to have around me.
 
10. What else about your book might pique the reader's interest?
        There are strong memorable characters and a fast paced story where you don't know
         what's coming next. For this installment you will find out who the mastermind behind
         the uprising is. The enemy is no less dangerous and the stakes are higher that ever
         before.
 
Want to know more next big things? Here are the links of five very talented authors.
 
 
 
Deserie Comfort - www.authordcstone.com/blog
 
Nicky Penttila - http://nickypenttila.com     
 


No comments:

Post a Comment