The Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Author Spotlights Debut Author Alexandra Forry

I am very pleased to bring you a new voice in romance. Alexandra Forry is an up-and-coming  author from my neck of the woods, Las Vegas.
Grab your coffee and snuggle in and meet Alexandra Forry.
 
Do you do anything to get you into the zone to write?
 
How do I get into the zone of writing, simple, I put on my music and I image the scene that I am writing out to the music, and the words flow out as I type. When I was writing the scenes that was set in the 1970’s I listen to 70’s music all the time, still do.
 
Which authors inspire your writing?
 
I have to say that LaVyrle Spencer had to play a part in my writing. I love the way she writes, when you read one of her books it’s so easy to lose track of time. I remember reading “Home Song” by her and I read half of the book in one sitting.  
 
What is your favorite book character and why?
 
This is tough one, I have to say that I enjoy writing Victor Torino from my book “Omerta Affair” By not giving too much away, you see a lot of traits to Victor as the story unfolds.
 
Do you prefer to write erotic or sweet?
 
I like writing sweet, but passionate love stories. I write true-to-life romance that might not have a happy ending. I love to add the everyday drama to my stories. In my book “Omerta Affair” The lovers have their ups and downs together along the way through the whole book.     
 
Which famous person, living or dead, are you drawn to?
 
That’s a hard one, let me think… I have to say that I’m drawn to a lot of famous people.  I admirer Queen Elizabeth the first and Dian Fossey, two very powerful women who didn’t let no one stop them. I love Tony Spilotro, the mobster, I found that there was more to him than people might think about him. But the famous person that I’m drawn to is Helen Keller because as a little girl with Cerebral Palsy, I looked up to her, wanting to be like her when I grew up someday.   
 
Where do you see yourself in five years?
 
 Hopefully a famous New York Time best seller for Romance, with some of my books out.
 
Finish this sentence: I know I’ve made it when:
 
one of my book has turn into a movie?
 
What advice would you give aspiring writers?
 
To follow their dreams no matter who they are and don’t let anything or anyone stop you from writing their book!
 
What do you see yourself writing in the future?
 
I love writing, I’ve been writing stories since I could remember and will continue to write as long as I live. As long I have my laptop I can write anywhere I want.
 
If you could have one superpower what would it be and why?
 
To type real fast so I could get a lot of books out.  I bet people always say that, although time travel would be a great way to research a story, but nope. The superpower that I really want to have, is the power to heal, because no one can ever have a disability, Cancer, or AIDS again. 
 
What time of the day are you at your best to write?
 
Believe it or not I can write anytime of the day, I just have to be in the right mood.
 
 
And now for something completely different…
 
 
What do you look at first with an attractive man or woman, face, body or smile?
 
This question made me blush. I find men bodies very attractive to say the least!  
 
Explain your perfect day.
 
My perfect day, is to spend the day with my family on the beach. 
 
What is the most decadent desert you can’t say no to?
 
I’m not really a desert woman. I like candy like starburst and airheads.
 
Do you have a favorite holiday what is it and what makes it special to you?
 
 I just love Easter, because it’s spring and to me, everything is all new and fresh from the winter. Also my birthday happens to be around Easter!
 
What key words describe you best?
 
Outgoing, funny and strong willed!
 
This has been great, thank you for having me on Author Spotlight Thursday,  I’ll will be at the Las Vegas Mob-Con September 7 & 8 signing copies of my book “Omerta Affair” also you want to be a part of my fundraise go to http://www.gofundme.com/3rc0qg   You can get a prize if you donate to it! 
 
Sounds like a lot of fun to me. Here is more on her new release.
 
 
BOOK BLURB
 
Victor Torino gazed at Adriane Rosenberg, inquisitively. "Don’t you ever wonder if we know the whole story between my dad and your mom?" he asked as they packed up her late father's house. Charlie “Gus” Rosenberg, Adriane’s father, was a top Chicago mobster and the only survivor of a turbulent love triangle that shook the very foundations of the Mafia’s Las Vegas Empire. Much to their surprise, among her father’s belongings Victor and Adriane discover her mother’s carefully preserved diary dating from the late 1970s and purposely left behind by her father for her to find.
 
In the cutthroat world of Mafia kingpins, and friendships and betrayals, "The Omerta Affair" is the story of two sets of star-crossed lovers, who against all odds find true love in two very different generations. It is a tale of honor, lust, envy, greed, revenge, family loyalty, and moments of exceptional tenderness.
 
Tony Torino, with strong ties to the Chicago Mafia, claws his way to a position of power in the evolving world of the Mob's most promising Las Vegas underworld. He crosses paths with Evelyn, a retired showgirl and wife of a fellow mobster, who’s entangled in an abusive relationship. Evelyn and Tony embark on a true affair of the heart, deep, and undeniable. And they pay the ultimate price for letting their love exceed Mafia boundaries. A generation later, Tony's son, Victor, and Evelyn's daughter, Adriane, childhood friends who have both renounced their parents' involvement with the Mob, find themselves swept up in Victor’s father's Mafia legacy. With every page turned, they find themselves falling in love, in the footprints of their parents
 
 
 
Author’s Bio
Alexandra Forry was born and raised in Las Vegas, Nevada. She has Cerebral Palsy but that doesn't stop her from doing what she wants! Omerta Affair is her first novel and she is currently working on her second. She enjoys being a member of the Las Vegas Romance Writers as well as Romance Writers of America.  www.alexandraforry.com
Follow me on, Facebook, Twitter, and Google+
 
Omerta Affair is now available to buy only on amazon.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment