The Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Seven Days of Paranormal Delight- Day Two Wicked Girl


Welcome day two of this special edition I am running on my blog this week. This collection is sure to warm up your cold nights as these authors offer up men so hot they will make you burn for more. 
For seven days I will be treating you to seven paragraphs from the seven writers of When the Night Comes. The anthology is available for a limited time on Amazon for only .99 cents so get your e-book today or you can buy the paperback for $13.31.  

Now here is a taste of Wicked Girl, the second book in the anthology


My fingers ached with a need to touch him but I didn’t want to make the first move. I had no idea why. I’d always taken control in the bedroom. Raised on female power and confidence, witches embrace their sexuality freely. Why was Josh so different? I had a strange awareness of the oddest need flittering in my head. I literally wanted him to pick me up, dump me over his shoulder and carry me caveman style to the bedroom.
Huh? Where was this crazy idea coming from?
“Are you okay?” Josh moved so close that he had to put his arm on the back of the couch.
I could smell his aftershave which had an ambery musky scent. It fit him completely. I could easily get addicted to that aroma. Manly and dominant.
Dammit, there’s that word again. Dominant.
I realized he’d been staring at me with a flash of concern in his eyes. I instantly became conscious that I never answered his question. “Um, yeah. Why do you ask?” I trembled slightly. So much for the seductive confidence, I displayed earlier.
“You zoned out for a moment. If you’re tired, I can go.” He didn’t move, thank the goddess. Instead, he linked his fingers through my hair. “You have such soft hair, Alala,” he murmured.
I gazed back at him and saw the hue in his irises take on a lush emerald color. To Wiccans, green is a steadying harmonizing color. I could get lost in his eyes. The picture of nature. Every nerve ending began to stir and then pulsate. I became hyperaware of how close he sat next to me. I wanted him to touch more than my hair
I glanced down at his strong beefy thighs. “I’m not tired. I’m taking in your presence…and enjoying it.”
He sucked in his breath. “What is happening to me? I’ve never been drawn to a woman like this before. Have you put some sort of spell on me?” 


For more of Kate Baum's work  Click Here and you will be directed to her author page.


To get your eBook copy Click Here to be directed to  Amazon Kindle's web site

No comments:

Post a Comment