The Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Author Spotlights Michael Taylor

Welcome friends, I'm happy to introduce you to a very talented Author I'm sure you will love to put on your list to read Michael Taylor. Thanks Michael for being here today and sharing a bit of your book and yourself with us today.


BLURB:

"One night, seven teenagers wake completely alone and in the dark. Their parents are gone, and it seems everyone on earth has disappeared as well. Worse, the electricity is off. Surrounded by darkness, their differences no longer matter; they are the sole survivors of an alien attack and the last hope for humanity. But in the black of night, can they outrun the hulking creatures with the glowing red eyes?
Priya is the exotic girl who says what she thinks. Will was a star athlete before the attack. They find Trevor and Aiyana, the twins; Alex and Ricardo, the tough guys; and finally, Lindsey, the innocent. Together, the seven of them are the last humans on earth—but are they really humans at all? They have no idea that the government has known of the incoming alien attack for decades; to prepare they created special children with very special abilities.
The chosen seven are part alien and part human, and they exist to fight off the otherworldly forces, threatening to conquer the planet. But with such differing personalities, will the seven be able to put their pride be-hind and work together? They must move beyond the grief of lost friends and family and find the strength to go on; if they don’t, the world will die, taken over by monstrous creatures that can smell your fear."
Sounds like a good read to me and it made me very curious to know more about the writer behind Survival of the Fittest.
Do you do anything to get you into the zone to write?

I listen to ambient music.  Usually something dark or sad.

 Which authors inspire your writing?

I’m inspired by Terry Trueman, Neal Shusterman, and Scott Kenemore

What is your favorite book, character and why?

My favorite book is Zombie, Ohio.  I love the main character Kenemore created because he told the story through the POV of the zombie.  It was nice to read a story that exits the fight to live for humans and read something that shows what a zombie might be thinking.

Do you prefer to write erotic or sweet?

Neither.  But I do include sweetness between my characters who fall in love.

Which famous person, living or dead,  are you drawn to?

Henry David Thoreau.  If there is such a thing as reincarnation, I think I’m him.  I know that sounds strange, but Walden felt as though I had written it.  Our feelings seem to be exactly the same.

Where do you see yourself in five years?

I will continue to teach, it’s what I love.  I will still be writing because that’s my passion.  So, look for more from me in the future.

Finish this sentence: I know I’ve made it when_______________?
Someone tells me they loved my book.

What advice would you give aspiring writers?

Never give up.  Follow your dream.

What do you see yourself writing in the future?

Some fantasy, some zombie-type works, and some highly dystopian society pieces.

If you could have one superpower what would it be and why?

True magic.  I would love to be able to zap things up, create new things, disappear, anything that magic would allow me to do.  Think Bewitched (Elizabeth Montgomery).

What time of the day are you at your best to write?

Early evening.


And now for something completely different…

What do you look at first with an attractive man or woman, face, body or smile?

Face.

Explain your perfect day.

Any day in Reno, Nevada.  It’s the MOST BEAUTIFUL place on Earth.

What is the most decadent desert you can’t say no to?

Anything chocolate.

Do you have a favorite holiday what is it and what makes it special to you?

I’m not big on holidays.

What key words describe you best?

Hardworking, funny, dark, sad, lonely

No comments:

Post a Comment